![]() |
| Our hospital bag. |
Almost every Sunday Daddy-to-Be and I conclude that we do weekends very well. Not that we do anything special but we try to get a good mix of chores, fun and relaxation. This weekend I think we got the mix just right.
Saturday I incorporated a visit to Boots as part of my walk and got some key items for the hospital bag. The last couple of weeks, just about every pregnancy newsletter, midwife interaction and our antenatal class made reference to the important hospital bag. So, a bit stressed, as I'm weeks (!) behind with our bag, we now at least have a start. Some old knickers still have to go down (but didn't think you need to see those!). Snacks and sandwiches for the birth partner apparently is critical too. But 3-5 week old sandwiches I reckon could be a bit sad even for a man of great appetite such as D-t-B.
It probably wasn't a great idea, but Saturday afternoon we ventured out to IKEA at Wembley. Driving there took ages. A burst water main (daily occurrence in every area in London!) meant the first third of the trip took as long as it normally takes to go all the way there.
We needed (read: I wanted) a chest of drawers that can convert to a changing table and I had some additional, non-essential things in mind such as a rug, mirror and other baby-things. As usual, we filled the car with stuff other than the chest of drawers as they didn't have it in stock. Which didn't say on the website! Annoying! They also told us that this particular chest of drawers is going out of production but the expect more in stock later this month.
Long story short: we're getting the chest of drawers delivered next Monday :)
Other bits we got at IKEA included lots of stuff for Little CotW: a sleeping bag (I am curious how this will work but if it does, I can see that it's a very practical bedding solution), a baby gym and a pack of small-ish blankets I imagine will be of use for burping and other potentially messy situations.
Additionally, we got a giant mirror that will lift our living room to new dimensions, a rug for in front of our telly, frames for pictures and a selection of Swedish food.
![]() |
| Picture frame so that we 8 months later can get these Canberra views up on our wall. |
![]() |
| Baby sleeping bag from IKEA. |
![]() |
| New rug from IKEA. In fact, most furniture and decorations in the photo are from IKEA! |
So what about Hitchcock? Well, after a couple of hours at IKEA - that admittedly tested the patience to our limits - a bit of Swedish food, some pasta and Swedish sweets in front of the Hitchcock movie was a great way to round off the day. With Helen Mirren, Anthony Hopkins and Scarlett Johansson I expected a bit more from the film. But I didn't fall asleep, which means that it can't have been that bad!




Hann du få ner några trosor och smörgåsar?!
ReplyDelete